So while I wait for warmer weather I’ll just have to recreate my favourite season through my pastries. Yesterday I baked these juicy carrot cupcakes with white chocolate and creame cheese frosting decorated with beautiful berries. The recipe can be found as usual below and serves 8 cupcakes.
2 dl granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tsp cardamom
2 dl flour
1 dl pecans (optional)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 dl neutral oil (eg rapeseed or cooking oil)
2 shredded carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
2. Beat eggs and sugar white and fluffy.
3. Add the cinnamon, vanilla sugar and cardamom and whisk a little more.
4. Mix the pecans to fine crumbs and mix together with the flour and baking powder. Fold in to the egg mixture.
5. Finally add in the oil and shredded carrots. Mix together until smooth.
6. Distribute the batter into muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes in the middle of the oven, or until nicely browned and fully baked. Let cool completely before you put on the frosting.
Ingredients (white chocolate and cream cheese frosting):
1.5 dl whipping cream
100 g of cream cheese
75 g white chocolate
Grated lime zest and fresh berries for garnish
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a water bath, let cool.
2. Whip the cream but not too hard whipped, you need to have margin to whisk in the remaining ingredients.
3. Add the cream cheese and melted white chocolate and whisk together into a fluffy batter.
4. Pipe the frosting onto your cupcakes and decorate with grated lime zest and fresh berries!