Ingredients (mud cake muffins):
125 grams butter
3 dl brown sprinkle with brown sugar
2.5 dl flour
5 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2. Melt the butter and let cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients in the next steps.
3. Beat the eggs and brown sugar porous.
4. Mix the dry ingredients and fold them gently into the egg mixture.
5. Pour in the melted butter and mix well.
6. Place cupcake cases on a cupcake plate and fill them almost to the top.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool before you put on the frosting.
Ingredients (frosting – chocolate butter cream):
2 egg whites from large eggs
1 dl granulated sugar
225 g butter
150 g dark chocolate
crushed hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher for decoration.
1. Chop the dark chocolate coarsely and melt in the microwave or water bath. Let cool while you make the remaining steps in the recipe.
2. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks in a heatproof bowl.
3. Add the sugar and continue whisking over a pot of boiling water until the sugar crystals melt. Be careful not to get water in the bowl.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue whisking until the bottom of the bowl has cooled.
5. Add a little butter at a time, while continuing beating until you get a fluffy batter.
6. Add the melted chocolate and whisk until you get a fluffy batter again with great texture to pipe the cupcakes.
7. Pipe the cupcakes with butter cream and decorate with crushed hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher.