Ingredients (caramel popcorn):
0.5 bag of microwave popcorn salted à 100 g
25 g butter
2 dl brown sprinkle with brown sugar
1 dl dark syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 125 degrees celsius.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Pop the popcorn and place in a large bowl.
4. Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan, then add brown sugar and syrup, stirring occasionally. Let boil for about 4 minutes without stirring.
3. Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn (save about 2 tablespoons for the frosting!) And mix well so that all the popcorn is covered with caramel.
4. Spread the popcorn over the baking sheet and ensure that separate them so they do not stick together.
5. Bake in middle of oven for about 1 hour. Make sure to stir a little with a wooden spoon or similar every fifteen minutes.
6. Let the popcorn cool completely before you top your cupcakes with them.
Ingredients (coffee and chocolate muffins):
75 g butter
0,5 teaspoon vanilla
1 dl cold instant coffee
1.5 dl milk
3 dl flour
1 dl cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking soda
2.5 dl granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2. Distribute cupcake cases in a muffin pan.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
4. Add the vanilla sugar, coffee, milk and eggs to the butter.
5. Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and sugar, and sift down into the butter mixture.
6. Whisk until smooth.
7. Bake in middle of oven for about 15 minutes.
8. Let the muffins cool completely before you put on the frosting.
Ingredients (caramel frosting):
2 egg whites from large eggs
1 dl granulated sugar
2 tablespoons caramel sauce
275g unsalted butter
1. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks in a heatproof bowl.
3. Add the sugar and continue whisking over a pot of boiling water until the sugar crystals melt. Be careful not to get water in the bowl.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue whisking until the bottom of the bowl is cool.
5. Add the caramel sauce that you saved when you made popcorn. If it has solidified, just to warm it up a bit to get it soft again. Beat until all mixed with the meringue well.
6. Add a little butter at a time, while continuing beating until you get a fluffy batter.
7. Pipe your cupcakes with frosting and decorate with your caramel popcorn!