50 g of fresh yeast
5 dl lukewarm water
25 g unsalted room tempered butter
1.5 tsp salt
2 dl kruskakli
0.5 dl flax seeds
about 9 cups spelled wholemeal flour
sunflower seeds and flax seeds for garnish
1. Crumble the yeast into a bowl. Add the lukewarm water and stir until the yeast is completely dissolved in the water.
2. Divide the butter in pieces and put them in the water along with the salt.
3. Add kruskakli, flax seeds and half of spelled flour. Stir a little and let rest for a minute until the kruskakli has begun to dissolve in the water.
4. Have ago in a little spelled flour at a time until you get a dough that is not too dry or too wet. Knead the dough for 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes by household assistant until you get a smooth dough.
5. Sprinkle a little flour over the dough, cover with a baking towel and let rise until doubled in size for about 30 minutes.
6. Work the dough on a lightly floured surface.
7. Divide the dough into three equal parts and roll them into lengths of about 30 cm long. Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, cover with a baking towel and let rise for another 40 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees celsius.
9. Cut a few incisions in each baguette with a sharp knife.
10. Brush the baguettes with cold water and garnish with flax seeds and sunflower seeds.
11. Reduce the heat to 225 degrees just when you are going to take the loaves in the oven.
12. Bake baguettes in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes or until they get a nice golden brown color.