The mother also loves chocolate so the inside consists of a juicy chocolate cake according to this recipe and a soft truffle filling made of 300 g of dark chocolate and 3 dl cream.
4 large egg whites
2 dl granulated sugar (200 g)
1 tsp vanilla aroma
250 g unsalted unsalted butter
paste color in any color
1. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks in a heatproof bowl.
2. Fill a saucepan with water to which the bowl fits in and covers the opening completely. Boil the water and put in the bowl. Have the granulated sugar and beat with an electric whisk until the sugar crystals are completely melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue whisking until the bowl has cooled.
3. Add the vanilla aroma during continued whipping.
4. Whisk in a little butter at a time and continue whisking until you get a fluffy frosting.
5. Finally add any color paste if you want to color your frosting. For best results, if you whisk in a little at a time, otherwise there is a risk that it becomes too much.