I think that sometimes it is difficult to obtain a thin and crispy pie crust that provides space for the filling so in most cases I use digestive biscuits. Simple and delicious!
Ingredients (Pannacotta pie with mango & passion fruit):
14 digestive biscuits
6 dl whipping cream
1.25 teaspoon of agar agar powder
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder
2 passion fruits
190 g mango puree
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon agar agar powder
0.75 dl granulated sugar
1 tablespoon water
berries for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. Crush the biscuits to fine crumbs and mix with the butter into a malleable mass.
4. Cover a round shaped baking pan with removable edges with parchment paper (20 cm diameter) and push out the bottom in it.
5. Bake in the middle of oven for about 10 minutes. Let cool completely before filling it with pannacotta.
6. Bring the whipping cream, agar agar, powdered sugar and vanilla powder in a saucepan while stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the inside from two passion fruits. Pour the filling through a strainer into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool before pouring it into pie crust. Set it in the refrigerator to harden while you prepare your mangotopping
7. Add all ingredients for the mango-topping in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Pour into a heatproof bowl and let cool. Stir occasionally to avoid lumps. Pour mango topping over your pie and decorate with berries! Let the pie solidify for a few hours in the refrigerator before serving.