Donuts är ett bakverk som går hem hos många och de är lättare att göra än vad man kan tro. Att dekorera och kombinera smaker på toppingen är helt klart det roligaste momentet. Jag gjorde minisar eftersom att jag tycker att dem är så söta och för att de ger utrymme i magsäcken till att prova mer än en smak men just idag höll jag mig till kombinationen mint och pecannötter. Riktigt gott!
Donuts is a pastry that is many people’s favourite and they are easier to bake than you might think. To decorate and combine the flavors of the toppings is my favourite part of making donuts. I did mini donuts because I think they are so cute and they allow the stomach to try more than one flavor. However, for today’s recipe I only made one flavour: mint and pecan.
The recipe serves 20 mini and 10 regular sized donuts
12.5 g yeast for sweet dough
50 g butter
1,5 dl milk
1 dl sugar
0,5 tsp salt
5-6 cups flour
about 1 liter of oil for deep frying (sunflower or canola)
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the milk. Warm up to 37 degrees.
2. Crumble the yeast into a bowl and pour over the milk butter a little at a time and stir until the yeast dissolves.
3. Add the powdered sugar, salt, eggs, and half of the flour. Mix into a batter.
4. Add the remaining flour and work together to make a sticky dough. It is sticky is good, add more flour here, they will not be fluffy and melt in your mouth.
5. Allow the dough to rise covered for about 40 minutes.
6. Put the dough on a floured surface and roll out to a plate that is 1 cm thick.
7. Take out circles the size you want, I used the opening of a glass that is about 4 cm in diameter to make small donuts. Also makes a hole in the middle, for this I used the bottom of a small tulle but whatever you have is of course good as long as it is round and less than the donut itself.
8. The donuts will not go into the oven but I still chose to dress a baking sheet with parchment paper so that they could have a good place to ferment on without sticking to the surface. Let rise under a cloth for 30 minutes.
9. Heat the oil in a casserole at 180 degrees, I use my wok pan. Fry a few donuts at a time until golden. Drain and cool on paper towels or grid. Do you just want to have sugar on them, turn them in powdered sugar while still warm otherwise wait until they are completely cooled.
4 dl powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
possibly mint green food colouring
crushed pecan for garnish
1. Mix powdered sugar and water, if necessary adjust the amount of ingredients for the glaze is if it’s too thick or too thin.
2. Add mint aroma and taste until you are satisfied. Add food colouring, mix well until you have a uniform color.
3. Decorate your donuts with frosting and crushed pecans.